.Online Study Guide for Student Drivers HOME

Back to Previous PagePrevious

Non-Resident Drivers

ForwardNext Page

Driving in Other States FAQ

We have received many inquiries about driving in other states when only having a permit or when visiting from another country. Here are the general rules and answers these FAQ

Where can I find a Drivers Manual in a foreign language.

The State of Washington's web site has manuals available for download in these languages.

Although the age requirements, fees, license restrictions and title laws may vary. the "Rules of the Road" and basic traffic laws are the same from state to state. Click below for the language you desire.








Other states with downloadable driving manuals

California - Spanish

Colorado - Spanish

Connecticut - Spanish

Florida - Spanish (On Line)

There are certain unacceptable out-of-state license documents

Tests Required. You must pass the vision and written tests, a pre-licensing course, and a road test to obtain a license if you have only a:

learner's permit, or a temporary or interim license,

or a "hardship" or "employment only" license,

or license expired for more than 12 months,

or license issued less than 6 months ago.

Useful links for visitors from other countries




If your State has an Offical Site it is listed here.



You can click on the safety tips for more information.

International Partners
Czech Republic  
Australia Driving-School.com  
Australia - Learners Test and iPhoneApplications  
U. K.  




Back to Previous Page HOME E-mail Us Sign Our Guestbook..... . Next Page

This site is meant to enhance your learning of the Rules of the Road and is not intended to replace the Drivers Manual supplied by the Motor Vehicle Department of your State. Send mail to web master with questions or comments about this web site.

Copyright © 1998 GoLocalnet Last modified: Aug 1, 2009